Friday, 24 July 2015

Every Career has its own story: How a Recruiter can become part of yours


As a recruiter I often come across people who don’t see the necessity of a third party in pursuing a career. I see it differently. This necessity was actually my reason to go into recruitment.


Before I started to work in executive search I trained in theatre for 15 years. I started in a TIE group (Theatre In Education) at a rather young age, which taught me the importance of self-expression and various ways to represent my ideas and thoughts in any setting or situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/performingartsfund/entries/78253323-d8de-3c98-82bb-4490e1d5908 

I had the privilege to train in four different countries to learn different ways of achieving the same goal and also to meet people - I was able to learn about their aims and reasons for undertaking such training.



Entering the so called working life, I have met people from all walks of life, some of them being outstandingly great in their profession however a lot of them struggled to represent their brilliant ideas and communicate in an efficient manner. I’ve realised that what I have gained from theatre is not a norm.



http://www.globalagritrade.ma/?page_id=235


Before I started to work in recruitment, I took the opportunity to spend time helping and improving individual’s communication from how to express their thoughts and ideas in a better way, to fight their anxiety and how to engage with their audience. I see recruitment as part of this training: to identify opportunities, to match brilliant minds with great opportunities. 



Some people have the knowledge to discover and to achieve the impossible but they may need someone to point out what they are capable of. This is not necessarily about confidence and I’m not trying to imply people are incapable of making a career move without a recruiter but they may be able to fill the gap leading to path you never even dreamt of.







By Annamaria Horvath
Technical Consultant



No comments:

Post a Comment